Saturday, July 14, 2012

Skinny Summer Sipper

It's summertime and the living is easy or at least so says the song! Because I actually listened to my mother and did not become a school teacher, this summer finds me toiling away in a cubicle, staring at a computer screen and making copies like the rest of the masses. It's not that I don't like my job, I just LOVE not working! :) Who's with me? If you are a MF'er (Monday through Friday-er people, what did you think I meant?) weekends are what we live for! The two days where time clocks, name badges and  motor oil coffee are just a part of a bad dream is when it's time to relish summer! On the weekend immerse yourself in the sun, the sand, the surf and the endless array of frozen cocktails that grace your parched palate. What says summer  better than a frothy Pina Colada served in hollowed out pineapple, maraschino cherry skewer and adorned with a colorful paper umbrella that after a few drinks makes the most elegant hair accessory! Yeah, those 2,000 calorie cocktails are great and all if you have a personal trainer or happen to be on a Carnival Cruise boat south of the equator but let's talk about something a bit more practical to sip on your summer weekends. I stumbled upon Bethenny Frankel's brain child Skinnygirl Vodka in Cucumber at a fabulous friend's 4th of July fete and gave it a whirl. The vodka was refreshing, herbaceous and clean on the palate- an ideal combo to beat the heat and wash away the blues. With a little imagination and summer swimsuit motivation, see the sipper that was born below:

Cucumber Skinny Gimme (As in Gimlet, get it?)

Ingredients

Skinnygirl Cucumber Vodka
Sprite Zero or Diet Sierra Mist
Club Soda
Fresh Lime Juice (MUST BE FRESH!)
Cucumber Slices

Directions

Muddle the cucumber with a few squeezes of lime in the bottom of a glass. Add ice, vodka, diet lemon-lime soda and a bit of club soda. The club soda "cuts" the dietness of the soda but mix to your liking.
No, I didn't put measurements because you know dang well you never measure out cocktail components. After a few of these, I am sure you will forgo the mixers all together too! Whether you are enjoying a few months of summer or 2 days a week of summer, grab yourself a glass and load it up with this libation. Until next time, keep cucumber cool y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Last weekend I tried the Skinnygirl Wine and LOVED it! The Skinnygirl Tangerine Vodka is next on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tangerine sounds delish! Thank you, Princess Kara- we will have to try that soon!

    ReplyDelete